My Day:
My mom woke me up. So excited for the day, I jumped out of bed and dressed in some jeans and a flannel type shirt. I drove about 30 or so minutes to Lakeside, where I pet Eeyore the donkey and the horses until Joan was out in the trailer/office, which is when I went to her. I did a lot of different things throughout the beginning of the day. Then after lunch, I went over to Ed, the handler/feeder of the animals. Not only did he take me around to some animals, I got to help feed some like the Aardvark, the Cheetahs, the Mountain Lion, and others. After loosing track of time and hurriedly rounding up some animals, I finally left, after a long 7-hour work day. Now, to get the the ranch in Lakeside, I go straight up the 8 to the 67, then turn right and left, and Im there. There was no traffic there, or on the way back. It was a breeze. Probably the most fun was getting to know my mentor, and having fun with the animals. I think I can tackle anything thrown at me, and Im not really all that nervous. Even petting the 8-month-old vulture wasnt nerve racking! I am so excited for these 3 weeks. I know I will have a blast, and Im lucky to have gotten this opportunity with the one and only Joan Embery.
No comments:
Post a Comment